Temporary Entry Visa

Overview of temporary visa

The most common classification of temporary visa is on the intended purpose of your stay:

  1. Visit
  2. Study
  3. Work



You may need to apply for a Visitor visa if you intend to stay temporarily in New Zealand, but you don’t intend to study or work;


If you are coming to New Zealand to study for more than three months, you will need a Student visa. This also applies to school aged children who want to attend primary, intermediate or secondary school for more than three months per calendar year;


When coming to New Zealand to work temporarily you probably will need a Work visa. Did you know there are over 15 different types of work visa?